Monday, May 18, 2009

Pea update

Yes I know its a sad obsession but this evening whilst out with the hose pipe I have counted up my peas n beans -
We now stand at 68 peas -from just peeping out to 3" tall, and 67 beans of varying stages lol..and loads more still to appear ;-) -so I have gained another 20 peas since yesterday and quite a few more beans lol
I also have several more flower buds on my courgettes and on 1 of my cucumbers-which is rather puzzling at this stage!!!

The other day I decide that I wasn't willing to waste the space that was left inside the large round tubs, where I had the string wigwams for beans n peas -the whole middle was vaccant -so I have shove more beetroot seeds in one and 2 kinds of carrot in the other! Now the carrot seeds were 15c a pack -well some german seeds were 10 packs for €1.50 so if they don't work well under there I won't have lost anything ;-)
Those seeds at 10 for €1.50 could include cabbages, celeriac, kholrabi, kale, carrots, salad leaves, beetroot and various other things I forget.. I have sent some of the bigger crop seeds back for my mum as she has raised beds,,and so far it seems that she has had really good germination with them -yipee
I have lost one pepper -the teeny tiny one has been eaten -but I think I can live with that lol, and I have lost 2 cucumbers -but they were the 2 that went out first as a test -well I know now -It didn't work lol -but I still have 4 left out there and have set 2 more "just in case" ...

Can't wait to get out there and get something done -but at the moment Im all up to date ..shock horror

No comments: