Saturday, June 27, 2009

photo updates -at last

Sorry for being missing for a while -lots of things going on and at the time, not much happening in the gardening...suddenly everything seems to be going into fast forward -These pics were taken 10 days ago, so I will get some updated ones in the morning as everythng has come on in leaps and bounds.


Some of the peas and squash

more peas and tomatoes







A courgette plant -should be taking the 1st courgette off tomorrow ;-)


I seem to be battling with green/black fly -strangely though they are targeting my tomato plants not the beans as usual.... I am spraying them down with washing up liquid in water as and when needed.... made much easier by having a 5lt bottle with a sprayer attatched -so once I have pumped the air in to get the pressure up I just have to set it off and wave it about lol -the best €5 I have spent....
My sweet potato foliage is turning into Triffids...just hope underneath is doing as well
I am still getting lots of salad leaves, have finished off the raspberries , black/white/red currants for now but still getting several strawberries a day. Quite a few pods on my peas (have "tested" a few) and now waiting for some more to fatten up... had 2 lots of potatoes (only set 3 lots) The peppers are at last starting to get flowers on, as are the aubergines.. so its happening ..slowly...
Hope everyone is getting lots of goodies out of their plots




1 comment:

cheerfulness said...

That's strange you should mention the black fly on your tomato plants.
For the first year ever I've got them on mine here in UK - in particular on the Brandywines that I'm growing.
Little critters are everywhere!