Sunday, May 17, 2009

PEAS


Its now become an early morning ritual to go out side to check everything is ok..and to count the beans and peas that are appearing lol
I have a serious thing for fresh peas, but never seem able to grow enough -so this year Im doubling the efforts .. so far I have 48 either at the stage of the ones above or just breaking the surface :-)
I had quite a lot rot that were set at the same time as the one above, and quite a few just fail -so I took them out and went round replacing them with what we are calling the "lucky dip peas" -which were a pot I had in the drawer from random pods that were missed from last years crops until I was clearing them out -so they could be sugar snaps, kleinrhinlanderin or anything else... and strangely enough they seem to be germinating better than the packet ones!!!!
Once the ones in the troughs have all made it through Im going to set some more in the other side of the troughs -in an attempt to keep a steady supply coming..

No comments: